NAIC 4-Hour Long-Term Care Insurance
Course DescriptionMany people today are familiar with the term "long-term care" (LTC) because they or someone they know is caring for an elderly relative. Others have read about it or seen ads for insurance that pays for this kind of care. As people live into their 80s and 90s, the need for long-term care services has been increasing. Today, living to be 100 is no longer unusual.
This course has been developed to refresh insurance producers' knowledge of long-term care insurance (LTCI) and partnership policies. It meets the NAIC and certain state requirements that all producers must complete the on-going four-hour refresher training requirement to sell LTCI policies.
Learning ObjectivesUpon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- The three general categories of LTSS; home health care, community-based care and institutional care services
- Who pays for LTSS including Medicare and Medicaid
- Traditional and hybrid LTCI policy design
- State LTCI Partnership Policies including producer training requirements
- Consumer protection and suitability standards and unfair marketing practices to avoid
Updated: April 2020
|Credit Type:||Wealth Management|
|Provider:||Broker Educational Sales & Training, Inc.|