Course DescriptionThe creation of annuities was driven by the need for security in an uncertain world. It is guided by the need for the insurance features that an annuity contract provides. The principal insurance role of annuities is to indemnify individuals against the risk of outliving their resources.
The purpose of this course is to provide a comprehensive understanding of annuities, focusing on the insurance features annuity contracts provide. It provides a comprehensive understanding of the provisions, features, benefits, payment and settlement options, and tax treatment for fixed, index and variable annuities. The course concludes with an overview of unfair trade practices and the recently amended Suitability in Annuity Transactions Model (#275) Regulation.
Learning ObjectivesUpon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of all annuity types and basic terms
- Identify the parties to an annuity contract
- Understand and explain how annuities are taxed
- Apply marketing, sales, and record-keeping practices
- Identify the suitability requirements that apply when recommending and selling annuities
- Recognize the repercussions that may result from an improperly structured annuity
|State Insurance Credit|
|Credit Type:||Annuity Suitability|
|Provider:||Broker Educational Sales & Training, Inc.|